2012 New Garden Rd Suite E
Greensboro, NC 27410
BOUNDLESS COMPASSION: Creating a Way of Life
by Joyce Rupp
A Book Study with Harriet Bullock, MS, LMFT
Dates: 6 Thursdays ~ Feb. 6, 13, 20, 27; March 5 & 1
There is nothing wimpy or starry-eyed about compassion. Living compassionately is rarely convenient and often challenging. It requires a willingness to pay the price for being aware of suffering and doing what is possible to diminish it.
~Joyce Rupp, from Boundless Compassion
Whether you are beginning to think deeply about the virtue of compassion or have been striving to practice it on your life for some time, this book study may very well be for you. The study includes meeting as a group once a week for 6 weeks. There we will join in the “common cause” of deepening our study of compassion, share our personal experiences with living more compassionately, and enjoy the benefits of one another’s insights gained during the previous week.
Specifically our study is intended to help you:
- Learn what it means to live a life of compassion
- Understand the practice of self-compassion
- Identify principal areas related to suffering and loss and the ensuing grief
- Move from hostility to hospitality, specifically in the world of the marginalized
- Look more keenly at what we have failed or forgotten to notice about the suffering of our planet and the causes of that pain
- Reflect on our mentors of compassion as an inspiration and stimulus for hope
Book Required: Boundless Compassion: Creating a Way of Life by Joyce Rupp
Learn More about The School and to read about Harriet, please click here.
If you cancel before 1 week prior to the event, you will get a refund minus a $10 processing fee. If you cancel within 1 week of the event, there is no refund. If you cancel due to unavoidable circumstances, please discuss this with us.
Questions? Email us at TheSchool.SCL@gmail.com