What is this Essential Self I keep talking about?
My own experience tells me it is the “You” that is …
- Beyond your ideas of who you are — beyond personality, appearance, ego, beliefs, opinions, thoughts, feelings, etc.
- Present in every moment
- Always okay no matter what is going on around you
- What spiritual teachers call “the True Self”
- What you are called to embrace, trust, rest in, and return home to
Where do I find this essential self?
- In the place inside of you where the energies of mind, heart, body and spirit come together
- In the Light within you and all around you which is connected to the Light in all living beings, and to the Source of that very Light itself
- In the moments which make up your everyday life
“You have come here to find what you already have.” — Buddhist saying